1040 Vienna, Karlsplatz 8
The Wien Museum on Karlsplatz is being renovated and expanded. The building, which opened in 1959 and was designed by Oswald Haerdtl, is being expanded into a forward-looking city museum. With more space for a new permanent exhibition on the history of Vienna, with a new floor for special exhibitions, with adequate areas for education and school classes, functional rooms for events and appealing culinary delights.
During the renovation period, our temporary exhibits are held at the Wien Museum MUSA (Felderstraße 6–8, 1010 Vienna), right next to City Hall.