1010 Vienna, Michaelerplatz
P: +43 (0)1 505 87 47 0
F: +43 (0)1 505 87 47 7201
The complex embedded between the Hofburg, the Loos House and St. Michael's Church was planned and laid out by the renowned architect Hans Hollein in 1991 and encompasses the relics of several time levels in stratographic structure. Two main roads crossed here in Roman times – now marked with red gravel.
Ausgrabungen Michaelerplatz - Information
In addition, there are the remains of a wall and floor heating system and building foundations from the seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth centuries – and they can be viewed at any time of the day or night!